Wisconsin has dropped a sexual assault charge against Jacob Blake — the 29-year-old who was paralyzed after being shot multiple times by a Kenosha police officer back in August.
According to the criminal complaint obtained by CNN, Blake unlawfully entered a home on May 3 and sexually assaulted a woman in her bedroom before leaving with her vehicle.
During court, Blake pleaded guilty to two counts of disorderly conduct and domestic abuse.
He was sentenced to two years probation.
According to Kenosha News, the state dropped the sexual assault charge at least in part because the woman who made the allegation was not cooperating with the prosecution.
Walworth County District Attorney Zeke Wiedenfeld, acting as a special prosecutor in this case, said the woman would not return his messages and that she had also stepped back from her allegations the day after she made the call to police on May 3.
“This was an agreement reached partly because the victim in this matter was not responsive to the subpoena to appear in court,” Wiedenfeld said.
Wiedenfeld recounted calls to police going back to 2016, including one in which the woman said Blake punched and choked her. Police in that case reported seeing bruises on the woman, according to Kenosha News.
Blake’s attorney said last month that Blake is in a “spinal injury rehabilitation center in Chicago.”
CNN has reached out to Blake’s attorney for comment.

