hree people died and two were injured in a shooting Wednesday morning at an Edgewood area business park, the Harford County sheriff said.
The shooting occurred around 8:58 a.m. at Advanced Granite Solutions, and sheriff’s deputies were on the scene within four minutes, according to Sheriff Jeffrey Gahler. All five people were shot with a handgun, and are employees of the business, Gahler said.
“This does appear to be a targeted attack, limited to that business,” Gahler said at an 11:10 a.m. news conference.
Gahler identified the suspect as 37-year-old Radee Labeeb Prince, who he said was connected to the business.
“What that association is, that’s still under investigation,” Gahler said.
The suspect left the scene in a black 2008 GMC Acadia with Delaware tags, the sheriff said. A residence in Cecil County was searched as part of the investigation, he said.
“We do not believe that anybody else was involved in this incident,” Gahler said.
Two patients from the shooting were in critical condition at Shock Trauma, University of Maryland Medical System officials said Wednesday morning.
A modified lockdown has been lifted from those Harford County schools in the Edgewood area that were placed under precautions earlier in the day, district officials said.
“There’s an individual out there on the loose who’s committed one of the most heinous acts in our county, we certainly consider him armed and dangerous,” Gahler said.
According to Advanced Granite Solution’s website, the company designs, manufactures and installs granite, marble and stone countertops and other surfaces in Maryland, Pennsylvania and Delaware.
David Fitz, an FBI spokesman, said the FBI is “actively looking for [Prince] in Maryland and Delaware and beyond,” and has activated it’s call line — 1-800-CALL-FBI — for anyone with tips for law enforcement. But, Fitz said, if anyone sees Prince, “they need to call 911.”
Prince had several prior arrests and run-ins with law enforcement, court records show.
In December 2003, he pleaded guilty in Delaware to 15 counts of third-degree burglary and was sentenced to 25 years with all but two years suspended, court records show. He was ordered to pay $34,500 in restitution, the records show.
He was charged with several handgun counts in March 2015 in Cecil County, including being a felon in possession of a firearm and carrying a handgun in vehicle; those charges were dropped by Cecil County prosecutors about three months later.
In February, a peace order — Maryland’s equivalent of a restraining order — was taken out against him in Harford County but was denied. Details of the case were not immediately available.
The Sheriff’s Office posted on its Twitter feed around 9:10 a.m. that there was “police activity in area of Emmorton Business Park” and people should avoid the area.
Read More Here
Washington Post

