Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

News

Quawan Charles: 15-Year-Old Black Teen Found Dead in Louisiana

On the evening of October 30th, Quawan Charles was last seen leaving a family home in Baldwin, Louisiana. According to the family Go Fund Me account, Charles was picked up from his father’s house by a friend and his friend mom.

The Iberia Parish Sheriff’s Office said in a statement the Quawan body was found around 5 p.m. on November 2nd in a rural area off Ed Broussard Road near the village of Loreauville. The Sheriff’s Office confirmed the minor had been reported missing to the Baldwin Police Department on Oct. 30, but did not release his name because of his status as a minor.

Results of an autopsy are pending as the investigation continues, the police said. The family says the parish of St. Mary refuses to release the findings of the autopsy. In response, the family is attempting to raise funds needed to conduct a second autopsy before his funeral. “An individual autopsy needs to be conducted before November 12th to ensure that all findings by the medical examiner can come back conclusive. The family asks that you give what you can during this difficult time.”

Many believe Quawan Charles was lynched just like Emmet Till was back in 1955. The picture that was released to the public looks like a modern day lynching.

WARNING GRAPHIC FOR THE PICURES DOWN BELOW:

25 Comments

25 Comments

1. Melissa

November 11, 2020 at 4:42 am

This is an absolute outrage and I am praying for the family of this young man. There is NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, that calls for this. If this FRIEND and HIS MOM are not found by the police SOON, I SURE HOPE I RUN INTO THEM, I wonder how she would feel if it were her son, one day it might be, as well as her. She needs to be put to death AND for the cops that didn’t do anything a lot earlier, something needs to be done with the entire office, people need to be held accountable for this, including law enforcement officials that chose to look the other way. Maybe they would think differently if it were their child that this happened to, there meeds to be justice for this young man and his family, there is no telling what he could have been had he been allowed to LIVE, GROW UP AND MAYBE EVEN CHANGE THE WORLD. I am truly outraged and very disappointed in the world we live in where you can do that to a child and get protected by of all people, the cops, those who take an oath to protect and serve, EVERYONE!!!!

• Vanessa E Benitez

November 11, 2020 at 9:41 am

Amen! Justice for this baby!

• Jamal Washington

November 11, 2020 at 3:49 pm

Do we have evidence of a crime? To be honest I have see quite a few Drowning victims after a couple days and he looks pretty standard for this COD. The hate in your post is outdone only by the ignorance with which you wrote. Not everything is a crime, Not every cop is bad, not every white person is good. Stop listening to the media and pick up a book.

• Violence

November 12, 2020 at 8:34 am

Fuck outta here “negro” . Probably some cracker posing as a black person. Your face does not get blown off when you drown. Clearly these mutilations are not consistent with drowning you fucking idiot. Soon all the old broken house niggas will be dead and gone. We won’t be lookin for justice only revenge

• yah

November 13, 2020 at 8:17 pm

amen

• H.h.

November 14, 2020 at 9:01 am

I had wanted to get involved to help the family but the racist remarks are keeping me from it. This comment tells me it is being done wrong and you will never get results with this ignorant attitude.

• Nikki

November 16, 2020 at 6:56 am

I’m not sure whats more tragic the death of this child and suffering of his family or the ignorance in your post. Out of curiosity, do you have a criminal record? I would have paid for your mothers abortion.

• Youresh Ameful

November 12, 2020 at 8:44 am

A downing victim??? Are you kidding me??? This is a modern day Emmitt Till case. For the police to also now declare this a drowning leaves me absolutely speechless. You should be ashamed of yourself for even considering it a drowning, and you are the problem right now. This was a lynching of a 15 year old black man.

• Nikki

November 16, 2020 at 7:07 am

Please do tell…How long have you been a medical doctor? Stop feeding into the media and spewing ignorance.

• C.W

November 12, 2020 at 11:38 am

Why wasn’t an amber alert issued?? How come the parent of the friend hasn’t come forward, makes no sense. THE MORE THINGS CHANGE THE MORE THEY STAY THE SAME!!!

• Summer Dvorak

November 12, 2020 at 12:26 pm

yeah not everything is a crime but the kid was missing for how many days? He was kidnapped by his friends mother and the police departement never put out an amber alert bc “hes a minor and probably playing football” no he is missing. That department could have saved that little boys life they are at fault for not going by the book. You sir can go pick up a book.

• Nonya

November 13, 2020 at 4:20 pm

What is wrong with all you people ? You obviously have no idea how the process of decomposition works. This unfortunate child was deceased in the water for up to 3 days , his fave actually resembles what you would expect it to with Louisiana temperatures and being partially in water. It’s possible someone did something to him but this photo is far from proof of that. It’s terrible when people untrained in forensics sit around with a complete lack of knowledge and accuse this woman and boy of lynching this young man ! This is a tragedy of course , nobody would say otherwise but to accuse someone of something so awful when you don’t even understand that he would look like that if nobody did anything to him. I don’t know what happened to this kid , so I won’t claim to but the fact is that none of you know either , it you sure as hell have your minds made up already. This is what leads to knee jerk reactions and a lot of problems. Try researching the decomposition process before you jump to conclusions. Something happened to this young man but nobody is helping him or his family by being fools over it. He either was murdered or had an unfortunate accident – clearly 15 yr old kids don’t often just drop dead ( although I knew someone who did at 16,from a brain aneurysm. Things can and do happen that are nobody’s fault people. And the racist accusations !? Jesus people – I’m willing to bet most of the PD there is black ! The racial make up of the area is mostly black

• Nikki

November 16, 2020 at 7:10 am

Finally, someone with a brain and a reasonable comment!

• Hillary

November 12, 2020 at 9:28 pm

Are you on drugs??? Evidence of a crime??? Pick up a book??? Not everything needs a rebuttal. If anyone sounds ignorant it’s you. Clearly you’re white because no other race says thing like this. And I happen to know if this was a white child your comment would be a lot different. Idc what who said, after seeing that baby’s face the o my thing you should feel is outrage at the situation not outrage at someone else’s disgust.

• Skayai

November 12, 2020 at 11:30 pm

None of that matters if the “friend and his mother” DIDNT report him missing as well.

• Sarai Carmona

November 13, 2020 at 2:25 pm

please just stfu and let the family mourn

• Noyb Newyork

November 13, 2020 at 4:06 pm

I couldn’t have said it better. People don’t realize the decomposition process so the photo looks alarming. They’re attributing decomposition with injuries.

• Alana Guez

November 14, 2020 at 1:58 am

please stop invalidating what is so clearly a racially charged murder.

• M.c

November 15, 2020 at 3:09 pm

How can drowning rip off your lips and make you face look scratched like he was dragged .,if anything he would’ve looked completely swollen , and who moved his body from the body of water from where he “drowned” to a sugar cane field ? How is that not suspicious ?

• Nikki

November 16, 2020 at 7:04 am

This is a tragedy. If the people involved killed this child because of race or any other reason then I am all for justice. However, you seem to be one of the only people here using sound judgment and not jumping to conclusions. My prayers for his mother and their family! I cant begin to imagine and pray I die before my child!

• Ace

November 12, 2020 at 8:42 am

It looks like he was dragged see!!!

2. E.moore

November 13, 2020 at 4:24 pm

LORD HAVE MERCY.

3. Carter

November 13, 2020 at 5:57 pm

How horrible. It’s a really weird story and I don’t understand the dragging of gert by the police.
    I’m no doctor but to me it looks like he was dragged-across pavement, gravel, rough dirt…but DRAGGED. Despicable.
    To the person above “Jamal” who said it looks consistent with drowning…all I have to say is – Seriously. Seriously. Drowning victims don’t have half their face torn off. Get off the crack and maybe YOU should pick up a book. A medical one.

4. Other side of earth

November 14, 2020 at 11:36 pm

Wow, you guys are conspiracy like,fucked up!
    You don’t have anything but one black and white image, to judge by?!
    And still allegations about some racial slur comes raining down? Wow….!
    You should all be fucking ashamed!
    This is a tragedy, it truly is! :'(
    This poor young boy, my deepest condolences to his family!
    If there is crime involved in this, law enforcement will deal with it, the eyes of the world is upon them!
    I am following this case, from the other side of the world!
    I will tell you, People are actually paying attention!
    Don’t lose their attention by talking all this unsupported bullshit, that you clearly know nothing about!
    Coroner report will clearly reveal if these damages is post mortem or not.
    If there is a guilty violator here, this person will be severely punished, accordingly, and will also burn in hell, forever.
    All your doing now, is creating hate….
    My aunt drowned in a local river, she looked worse than this, after being dragged under water,through branches and into rocks. So STFU with your dumbass allegations.

5. Melvin Curbeam

November 27, 2020 at 1:29 pm

Dam was did they try and set him on fire